Saturday, January 4, 2014

Social Experiment1 with PB1

As part of this Social Experiment, I also decided to incorporate another social experiment. The general behaviour of the XY chromosomes towards the XX chromosomes in this city. Maybe I should have given the heading as Sub Social Experiment. Hmm !!

Anyways my friend PB1 (the rocking sport that she is) agreed to be my accomplice on this one or rather the main instrument to get this experiment rolling.

This is her and this was her attire for the day.
1. A pair of washed dark blue denims.
2. A grey tank top.
3. An orange hoodie.
4. Brown Wedges.
5. Pink dewy lipstick and eyeliner.



She is smart, sassy, gorgeous, independent and she can walk that walk where it feels that the busy crowded roads of Kolkata are infact her private runway podium. 

So she walked ahead and me and SB walked behind her. (Thank you SB for saying the things that you did say on that walk to all those men !)

We walked from Spanish Cafe, Sudder Street to Park Hotel. We crossed 63 men ranging from the age of 12 to 62, covering all social strata and out of them only 12 did not stare at her breasts. Nowhere else. Just at her breasts. Like deers in front of headlights. A few of them stared rather disapprovingly as to why a woman is wearing clothes of her choice and showing more than expected chest area. As to why she has not used a stole or or a muffler to suffocate herself but in the process sticking to good-old tradition by preventing these men from having to acknowledge the fact that women have breasts. Most of them stared like they have never seen anything like it before with open lust in their eyes. Some of them actually did double takes. One guy while holding his very cute girlfriend's hand did a double take. They were not looks of appreciation. All of them were staring as if she is a piece of meat that they need to taste(Pardon the language !).

P.S. -  I want to give a disclaimer here. This incident just happened. It was not planned really. After noticing the pattern with men and the general direction they were looking I brought it to PB1 and SB's attention. That is when I decided to write this in the blog and asked for PB1's permission. She ofcourse readily agreed.  





15 comments:

  1. Breasts, what troublesome appendages! They also prevent ickle ferry-boat-drivers to be able to see while navigating. SIGH, bhogoban, tumi ki shaban, dhorte gele pichhe jao type-er case puro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder the Amazons sliced one off! All the better to blind the men staring at the other one! On a serious note...it is disgusting..:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ruma : To me it feels beyond disgusting. To me it feels like an epidemic. That is why I decided to write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am PB's friend..and I am curious to know if you saw other women also giving her the stare. Having experienced the stare myself from both genders I am just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @flysongbird : Women did not in general give the you-are-a-piece-of-meat-to-be-had look. But yes, you are right. There were a couple of women in their 40's standing in front of Oxford who gave her the disapproving look. But the deal is that PB1 was really not wearing anything out of ordinary.

      P.S. - A BIG fan of thy blog !

      Delete
    2. BTW, Flysongbird madam and Confessions Madam, you two can be sisters ... look wise. :D :D :D


      Delete
    3. Of course the stare is of a different kind. But somehow the psychology is the same. "You have no shame. You have dressed like a piece of meat. Hence I shall clutch onto my husband//boyfriend/son lest you 'provoke' his 'natural' manly urges."
      And thank you!
      PB how? how? need to see pictures right away!

      Delete
  5. Also, would you mind if I share the blog links at my blog? Both part of the experiment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Panu..ei re.. I mean PB1 ..I mean Madam Banerjee..please share all the three parts of the experiment.

      Delete
  6. মাল... আই মিন মেল লুক ওব অ্যাপ্রিসিয়েশান নামক ইলুইসিব জিনিষটি কি? লাস্ট কবে দেখেচিস?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDG..you are right. It is elusive. I guess that is sad. And the last time I did experience it was from foreigners in our city not too long ago. But I genuinely cannot remember a time before that.

      Delete
    2. hmmm.... western disturbances! aamago kulture and amigos! kyachaal!

      Delete